- A seal is a mark with authority over a person or document.
- A seal gives and identity or ownership of a document, person or event.
- Seal also protects from fraud or spillover of content.
- A seal is a device bearing a design, or a name made so that it can impart an impression. The best seals were designed by seal cutters. Seals were used for various purposes as a mark of authenticity and authority. It is a mark of the formal ratification of a transaction or covenant. Example Jeremiah’s friend witnessed his purchase of a piece of property – Jeremiah 32: 11 -14. T
Types of seals
- Divine seal
- Demonic seal
- Self-inflicted seal
- Believers are said to be marked in Him (Christ} with a seal of the promised Holy Spirit just like an owner of a property is given a title deed sealed with a Government seal – Eph 1: 13 “In Him you also trusted after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory”.
The seal or mark in our lives is to announce that we are not ordinary persons. The Bible states in the book of 1 Pet 2: 9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation His own special people. Rom 8: 35 – 36. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword?
1 John 4:4 “You are of God, little children and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world; therefore, they speak as of the world and the world hears them.
- How does God see you and how do you see yourself?
Action: Reaffirm your position in Christ Jesus.
- A seal placed on you, family by the devil to kill, steal and destroy.
Anything divine has a counterfeit, that is demonic. Just as we are sealed by the power of the Holy Spirit, the devil can also seal man with different ailment for various purpose. He can place the seal on an individual, family, job, land under demonic authority and authenticity. Demonic seals results in limitations, procrastination, infirmity, and frustration etc.
How are we trapped by demonic activities?
- Acts of wickedness. God’s judgement – Ecclesiastes 10: 8 “He who digs a pit will fall into it and whoever breaks through a wall will be bitten by a serpent (2)”.
- Digging a pit for another person to fall into it is an act of wickedness. The scripture is very clear that if you do so God will intervene, and you will fall into it.
Breaking through the wall of protection through disobeying the word of God. This means removing the boundary set by God. Ps 34: 7 “The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him and delivers them” – Disregarding the Lord’s word.
NB: Note that the above has to do with unconfessed sin.
When Jesus was crucified and buried, they put a heavy stone on the tomb and kept watchmen to watch over it. According to them the story of Jesus was over. The Bible states in Mathew 27: 62 -65 – command the tomb to be secured and place monitoring spirits so that you do not escape.
When they put you, your family, your business, marriage in a tomb and seal it they declare that your dead, you’re of no use and that you will be forgotten forever. They also put watchmen just in case you attempt to escape.
Action: Repent of any known sins. Plead the blood of Jesus, put on the full armor of God, disarm the watchmen, break the seal, and deliver what was held captive.
Self-Inflicting Seal: Placing limitations upon self.
For example, poor self-image, disappointment in life, presumed rejection, harmful behavior. Something must break in you for you to understand the potentials God has put in you.
Mary Magdalene was holding an expensive perfume but until the seal was broken and they smelt the fragrance they would not have known what was inside the bottle. You need to break the seal for you to enjoy and operate in your full potential. Mark 14: 3 “And being in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper as He sat at the table a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly oil of spikenard. The she broke the flask and poured it on his head.
Action: Break lose the seal.
- Declare and decree the word of God which promises freedom for the captives Isaiah 45: 1- 3.
- Just believe you are anointed enough to break the seal – 1 John 2: 20.
- Give thanks.
According to Bible Dictionary (New International) the notions of ‘name’ had a significance it does not have today when it is usually an unmeaning personal label. A name was given only by a person in a position of authority.
In the book of Gen 2:19 Adam as an authority therefore was allowed by God to name the beast of the field and every bird of the air brought to him. “AND THE LORD GOD SAID “IT IS NOT GOOD THAT MAN SHOULD BE ALONE; I WILL MAKE HIM A HELPER COMPARABLE TO HIM. OUT OF THE GROUND THE LORD GOD FORMED EVERY BEAST OF THE FIELD AND EVERY BIRD OF THE AIR AND BROUGHT THEM TO ADAM TO SEE WHAT HE WOULD CALL THEM AND WHATEVER ADAM CALLED EACH LIVING CREATURE THAT WAS ITS NAME. By God allowing Adam to give names God enabled him to express a relationship to the other creatures/person.
The name given was determined by an event or circumstance at the time of birth. In the scripture there is the closest possible relationship between a person and his name. When a person gave his own name to another it signified the joining of the two in very close unity as when God gave His name to Israel. Deut 28: 9 – 10.
Names have an interesting phenomenon. Names can either cause a blessing, misfortunes or pain. Names can have a profound impact on a person, some people have three names or more e.g the first name, the middle name, the maiden name and/or the last name. While others have been inherited from friends, important personality, or ancestors.
Every name has a meaning and can co-relate with an event, an object, occurrences, a personality or experience. Our given name is our very fast social tag. Each name is associated with character, behavior and a look. Our names are what we answer to. There is a meaning to a name, there is identity, history and significance in a name. However, there is a name above all names Phil 2: 9 –
BLESSINGS IN A NAME:
THEREFORE, GOD HAS ALSO HIGHLY EXALTED HIM AND GIVEN HIM THE NAME WHICH IS ABOVE EVERY NAME; THAT AT THE NAME OF JESUS EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW OF THOSE IN HEAVEN AND OF THOSE OF EARTH AND OF THOSE UNDER THE EARTH. AND THAT EVERY TONGUE SHOULD CONFESS THAT JESUS CHRIST IS LORD TO THE GLORY OF THE FATHER.
The name Jesus means savior and companion He will save his people from their sins. Emmanuel – God with us – Mathew 1: 21 – 11 AND SHE WILL BRING FORTH A SON AND YOU SHALL CALL HIS NAME JESUS FOR HE WILL SAVE HIS PEOPLE FROM THEIR SINS. SO ALL THIS WAS DONE THAT IT MIGHT BE FULFILLED WHICH WAS SPOKEN BY THE LORD THROUGH THE PROPHET SAYING “BEHOLD THE VIRGIN SHALL BE WITH CHILD, AND BEAR A SON AND THEY SHALL CALL HIS NAME IMMANUEL WHICH TRANSLATED, GOD WITH US.”
THE POWER AND AUTHORITY IN A NAME
Name(s) represents power, authority, identity, status and destiny. Jesus confidently said in the great commission that all power and authority belongs to me. Power is the ability to order or accomplish a goal or to influence. Authority means the right, justification and legitimacy.
- It is the name of Jesus that is highly exalted – Phil 2: 9 – 11
- It is in the name of Jesus we find freedom – 2 Corr 3: 17 Now the Lord is
- Spirit and where the Spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.
- It is in the name of Jesus that we are released from oppression of the enemy –
- ISAIH 10: 27 “IT SHALL COME TO PASS IN THAT DAY THAT HIS BURDEN WILL BE TAKEN AWAY FROM YOUR SHOULDER. AND HIS YOKE FROM YOUR NECK. AND THE YOKE WILL BE DESTROYED BECAUSE OF THE ANOINTING OIL.
- Christ means “the anointed one” in Hebrew and in Greek it means the Messiah
- Christ in Greek means “the anointed one or the chosen one the Messiah”. Ps 55: 22 Cast your burden on the Lord and he shall sustain you. He shall never permit the righteous to be moved.
NAMES AND MEANING:
- Mephibosheth: In Hebrew means from the mouth of shame. He was the son of Jonathan. When the nanny made haste to flee, he fell and became lame, but King David restored him – 2 Sam 4.
- Adam means Ground
- Isaac means Laughter.
- Peter means Rock – Matt 16: 18
- Jabez: labelled with sorrow at birth. 1 Chronicle 4: 9 – 10.
Do you need to change your name?
- Listen to your heart.
- There are instances where God changed names of people: Abram to Abraham to enter their destiny. Abram meant the exalted one, but Abraham meant Father of nations.
- Saul to Paul: Saul means asked for, prayed for and Paul meant small or humble in Latin.
- Jabez did not change his name but prayed to change the circumstances related to his name.
What to do when you realize that your name could be the cause of your trouble:
- Acknowledge it.
- Be open about it.
- Humble yourself before the Lord.
- Make your petition.
Jabez prayed a specific prayer:
- Bless me indeed.
- Enlarge my territory.
- Your hand be with me.
- Keep me from evil.
- That I may not cause pain.
- God granted him what he requested.
YOU TOO CAN MAKE A HUMBLE AND SPECIFIC PRAYER TO GOD. WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE. GOD GRANTED JABEZ HIS HUMBLE REQUEST, HE CAN ALSO DO IT FOR YOU. HE IS THE SAME YESTERDAY, TODAY AND FOREVER.
What is detoxification?
Medical Definition of detoxify:
- to remove a poison or toxin or the effect of such.
- to render (a harmful substance) harmless.
- to free (as a drug user or an alcoholic) from an intoxicating or an addictive substance in the body.
Body cleansing is a great way to get your body back into tip top shape the same as spiritual cleansing is even a greater way of connecting your soul and spirit back to the Lord.
In the enthusiasm about our new life, that is being born again, it is easy to focus on Christ and be diligent in the things of God such as attending Bibles studies, faithfully attending church services and actively involved in many other Christian activities. The Bible calls it the first love (Revelation 2:4). Have you ever been in love? Can you remember how you spent endless times in ‘cloud nine (9)’? How you could be anxious because he had not contacted you? The story is endless.
When we come to the knowledge of Christ, we acquire a new identity; allowing the Spirit of God to help us will and do (Philippians 2:13). The Lord expects us to keep the same momentum at all cost.
The first love gives us a new identity in Christ Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:17 THEREFORE IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY; BEHOLD ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW ((NKJN).
But as in anything new, sooner or later our diligence wears off. Christ is still a big part of our life for sure, but somewhere along the way we relax our guard and soon start to inject all sorts of toxins. When we slowly drift away from loving God dearly, we grieve him. T
Revelation 2: 4 “NEVERTHELESS, I HAVE THIS AGAINST YOU THAT YOU HAVE LEFT YOUR FIRST LOVE. REMEMBER THEREFORE FROM WHERE YOU HAVE FALLEN, REPENT AND DO THE FIRST WORKS OR ELSE I WILL COME TO YOU QUICKLY AND REMOVE YOUR LAMP STAND FROM ITS PLACE – UNLESS YOU REPENT.
Bible urges us to get rid of all spiritual toxins COL 3:8 “BUT NOW YOU YOURSELVES ARE TO PUT OFF ALL THESE: ANGER, WRATH, MALICE, BLASPHEMY, FILTHY LANGUAGE OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.”
- Get rid of anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy: issues of character.
EPH. 4: 22 – 32 “THAT YOU PUT OFF, CONCERNING YOUR FORMER CONDUCT, THE OLD MAN WHICH GROWS CORRUPT ACCORDING TO THE DECEIT LUSTS AND BE RENEWED IN THE SPIRIT OF YOUR MIND. YOU PUT ON THE NEW MAN WHICH WAS CREATED ACCORDING TO GOD IN TRUE RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HOLINESS. VS 31 LET ALL BITTERNESS, WRATH, EVIL SPEAKING BE PUT AWAY FROM YOU, WITH ALL MALICE.”
- Put off your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt, the deceit lust, bitterness, wrath, evil speaking, away from you.
According to the Bible Dictionary based on the NIV Translation; it is an act by which a person or thing is dedicated to the service and worship of God. It can also be to put everything in the hands of God.
Consecration is the voluntary set dedication of one’s self to God, an offering made, and made without any reservation whatever. It is the setting apart of all we are, all we have, and all we expect to have or be, to God first. It is not so much the giving to the Church but giving ourselves to the Lord.
Consecrations in this case is the spiritual detoxification.
- We need to remember God’s grace in our lives. Acknowledging that God is merciful and that we are children of God and of the new covenant which is in the blood of Jesus.
- We need to repent of sinful attitudes and actions. We must confess the sins that have become second nature to us. We must be mindful of the sins that we most easily excuse – the selfish attitudes.
- We need to remove distractions which have causedour hearts to bent away from devotion to God
- You can write down the distractions that keep you from drawing closer to God.
- We need to recommit our hearts to God. Consecration is about worship. We consecrate ourselves before the Lord not to prove ourselves to our neighbor or feel good about ourselves. We consecrate ourselves before the Lord for the Lord.
- Give thanks to the Lord for his mercies endures forever.
This is an example post, originally published as part of Blogging University. Enroll in one of our ten programs, and start your blog right.
You’re going to publish a post today. Don’t worry about how your blog looks. Don’t worry if you haven’t given it a name yet, or you’re feeling overwhelmed. Just click the “New Post” button, and tell us why you’re here.
Why do this?
- Because it gives new readers context. What are you about? Why should they read your blog?
- Because it will help you focus you own ideas about your blog and what you’d like to do with it.
The post can be short or long, a personal intro to your life or a bloggy mission statement, a manifesto for the future or a simple outline of your the types of things you hope to publish.
To help you get started, here are a few questions:
- Why are you blogging publicly, rather than keeping a personal journal?
- What topics do you think you’ll write about?
- Who would you love to connect with via your blog?
- If you blog successfully throughout the next year, what would you hope to have accomplished?
You’re not locked into any of this; one of the wonderful things about blogs is how they constantly evolve as we learn, grow, and interact with one another — but it’s good to know where and why you started, and articulating your goals may just give you a few other post ideas.
Can’t think how to get started? Just write the first thing that pops into your head. Anne Lamott, author of a book on writing we love, says that you need to give yourself permission to write a “crappy first draft”. Anne makes a great point — just start writing, and worry about editing it later.
When you’re ready to publish, give your post three to five tags that describe your blog’s focus — writing, photography, fiction, parenting, food, cars, movies, sports, whatever. These tags will help others who care about your topics find you in the Reader. Make sure one of the tags is “zerotohero,” so other new bloggers can find you, too.