- A seal is a mark with authority over a person or document.
- A seal gives and identity or ownership of a document, person or event.
- Seal also protects from fraud or spillover of content.
- A seal is a device bearing a design, or a name made so that it can impart an impression. The best seals were designed by seal cutters. Seals were used for various purposes as a mark of authenticity and authority. It is a mark of the formal ratification of a transaction or covenant. Example Jeremiah’s friend witnessed his purchase of a piece of property – Jeremiah 32: 11 -14. T
Types of seals
- Divine seal
- Demonic seal
- Self-inflicted seal
- Believers are said to be marked in Him (Christ} with a seal of the promised Holy Spirit just like an owner of a property is given a title deed sealed with a Government seal – Eph 1: 13 “In Him you also trusted after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit who is the guarantee of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, to the praise of His glory”.
The seal or mark in our lives is to announce that we are not ordinary persons. The Bible states in the book of 1 Pet 2: 9 But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation His own special people. Rom 8: 35 – 36. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation or distress or persecution or famine or nakedness or peril or sword?
1 John 4:4 “You are of God, little children and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are of the world; therefore, they speak as of the world and the world hears them.
- How does God see you and how do you see yourself?
Action: Reaffirm your position in Christ Jesus.
- A seal placed on you, family by the devil to kill, steal and destroy.
Anything divine has a counterfeit, that is demonic. Just as we are sealed by the power of the Holy Spirit, the devil can also seal man with different ailment for various purpose. He can place the seal on an individual, family, job, land under demonic authority and authenticity. Demonic seals results in limitations, procrastination, infirmity, and frustration etc.
How are we trapped by demonic activities?
- Acts of wickedness. God’s judgement – Ecclesiastes 10: 8 “He who digs a pit will fall into it and whoever breaks through a wall will be bitten by a serpent (2)”.
- Digging a pit for another person to fall into it is an act of wickedness. The scripture is very clear that if you do so God will intervene, and you will fall into it.
Breaking through the wall of protection through disobeying the word of God. This means removing the boundary set by God. Ps 34: 7 “The angel of the Lord encamps all around those who fear Him and delivers them” – Disregarding the Lord’s word.
NB: Note that the above has to do with unconfessed sin.
When Jesus was crucified and buried, they put a heavy stone on the tomb and kept watchmen to watch over it. According to them the story of Jesus was over. The Bible states in Mathew 27: 62 -65 – command the tomb to be secured and place monitoring spirits so that you do not escape.
When they put you, your family, your business, marriage in a tomb and seal it they declare that your dead, you’re of no use and that you will be forgotten forever. They also put watchmen just in case you attempt to escape.
Action: Repent of any known sins. Plead the blood of Jesus, put on the full armor of God, disarm the watchmen, break the seal, and deliver what was held captive.
Self-Inflicting Seal: Placing limitations upon self.
For example, poor self-image, disappointment in life, presumed rejection, harmful behavior. Something must break in you for you to understand the potentials God has put in you.
Mary Magdalene was holding an expensive perfume but until the seal was broken and they smelt the fragrance they would not have known what was inside the bottle. You need to break the seal for you to enjoy and operate in your full potential. Mark 14: 3 “And being in Bethany at the house of Simon the leper as He sat at the table a woman came having an alabaster flask of very costly oil of spikenard. The she broke the flask and poured it on his head.
Action: Break lose the seal.
- Declare and decree the word of God which promises freedom for the captives Isaiah 45: 1- 3.
- Just believe you are anointed enough to break the seal – 1 John 2: 20.
- Give thanks.