What is detoxification?
Medical Definition of detoxify:
- to remove a poison or toxin or the effect of such.
- to render (a harmful substance) harmless.
- to free (as a drug user or an alcoholic) from an intoxicating or an addictive substance in the body.
Body cleansing is a great way to get your body back into tip top shape the same as spiritual cleansing is even a greater way of connecting your soul and spirit back to the Lord.
In the enthusiasm about our new life, that is being born again, it is easy to focus on Christ and be diligent in the things of God such as attending Bibles studies, faithfully attending church services and actively involved in many other Christian activities. The Bible calls it the first love (Revelation 2:4). Have you ever been in love? Can you remember how you spent endless times in ‘cloud nine (9)’? How you could be anxious because he had not contacted you? The story is endless.
When we come to the knowledge of Christ, we acquire a new identity; allowing the Spirit of God to help us will and do (Philippians 2:13). The Lord expects us to keep the same momentum at all cost.
The first love gives us a new identity in Christ Jesus. 2 Corinthians 5:17 THEREFORE IF ANYONE IS IN CHRIST, HE IS A NEW CREATION; OLD THINGS HAVE PASSED AWAY; BEHOLD ALL THINGS HAVE BECOME NEW ((NKJN).
But as in anything new, sooner or later our diligence wears off. Christ is still a big part of our life for sure, but somewhere along the way we relax our guard and soon start to inject all sorts of toxins. When we slowly drift away from loving God dearly, we grieve him. T
Revelation 2: 4 “NEVERTHELESS, I HAVE THIS AGAINST YOU THAT YOU HAVE LEFT YOUR FIRST LOVE. REMEMBER THEREFORE FROM WHERE YOU HAVE FALLEN, REPENT AND DO THE FIRST WORKS OR ELSE I WILL COME TO YOU QUICKLY AND REMOVE YOUR LAMP STAND FROM ITS PLACE – UNLESS YOU REPENT.
Bible urges us to get rid of all spiritual toxins COL 3:8 “BUT NOW YOU YOURSELVES ARE TO PUT OFF ALL THESE: ANGER, WRATH, MALICE, BLASPHEMY, FILTHY LANGUAGE OUT OF YOUR MOUTH.”
- Get rid of anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy: issues of character.
EPH. 4: 22 – 32 “THAT YOU PUT OFF, CONCERNING YOUR FORMER CONDUCT, THE OLD MAN WHICH GROWS CORRUPT ACCORDING TO THE DECEIT LUSTS AND BE RENEWED IN THE SPIRIT OF YOUR MIND. YOU PUT ON THE NEW MAN WHICH WAS CREATED ACCORDING TO GOD IN TRUE RIGHTEOUSNESS AND HOLINESS. VS 31 LET ALL BITTERNESS, WRATH, EVIL SPEAKING BE PUT AWAY FROM YOU, WITH ALL MALICE.”
- Put off your former conduct, the old man which grows corrupt, the deceit lust, bitterness, wrath, evil speaking, away from you.
According to the Bible Dictionary based on the NIV Translation; it is an act by which a person or thing is dedicated to the service and worship of God. It can also be to put everything in the hands of God.
Consecration is the voluntary set dedication of one’s self to God, an offering made, and made without any reservation whatever. It is the setting apart of all we are, all we have, and all we expect to have or be, to God first. It is not so much the giving to the Church but giving ourselves to the Lord.
Consecrations in this case is the spiritual detoxification.
- We need to remember God’s grace in our lives. Acknowledging that God is merciful and that we are children of God and of the new covenant which is in the blood of Jesus.
- We need to repent of sinful attitudes and actions. We must confess the sins that have become second nature to us. We must be mindful of the sins that we most easily excuse – the selfish attitudes.
- We need to remove distractions which have causedour hearts to bent away from devotion to God
- You can write down the distractions that keep you from drawing closer to God.
- We need to recommit our hearts to God. Consecration is about worship. We consecrate ourselves before the Lord not to prove ourselves to our neighbor or feel good about ourselves. We consecrate ourselves before the Lord for the Lord.
- Give thanks to the Lord for his mercies endures forever.